Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
SUMMARY: The Senior Education Coordinator will provide support to the Education department by supervising staff members calendars and coordinating staff schedules. The Senior Education Coordinator will also run training engagements and provide internal training support to staff. The Senior Education Coordinator reports to the Associate Director and the Director of Education.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Speaking in front of small, medium, and large groups;
- Supervising Education staff calendars and coordinating staff schedules;
- Overseeing interns and/or volunteer's calendars and coordinating schedules;
- Providing education on Intimate Partner Violence, Child Abuse, Sexual Assault, and Human Trafficking;
- Performing outreach to potential trainee organizations;
- Providing internal education and training support for other staff from The Safe Center;
- And any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor and/ or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Public Health ore related field preferred
- Experience utilizing all social media platforms
- Experience with Keynote, PowerPoint and Canva to maintain updated curriculum and training slides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Full-Time, non-exempt, 35 hours per week
- Ability to work nights and weekends with trainings
- Reliable transportation needed
- Benefits: Health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and personal days
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel
- Salary: $42,000
The Safe Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.